NHS Hypertension Screening Service
Puri Pharmacy offers free blood pressure checks at all our branches. We serve the population of Southall, Ealing and Hillingdon.
High blood pressure can place you at risk of suffering a life-shortening event like a heart-attack.
If you are 40 or over and are would like to “know your numbers” Puri Pharmacy can carry out a blood pressure check and, if appropriate, provide a monitor to measure your blood pressure over a 24 hour period just as your GP might suggest.
What is Hypertension?
In the UK, around one in three adults have high blood pressure.
Hypertension, commonly known as high blood pressure, is a condition where the force of blood against the artery walls is consistently too high. If left untreated, hypertension can lead to serious health complications.
It is referred to as a “silent killer” as it typically has no symptoms. Regular screening and monitoring is crucial for early detection and management. Often, people do not notice the signs and symptoms of high blood pressure.
The only way to know if you are suffering from high blood pressure is to have it measured. Puri Pharmacy offers free blood pressure checks at all our branches. We serve the population of Southall, Ealing and Hillingdon. Simply walk in and ask for a check.
Visit our NHS Hypertension Screening Service
At Puri Pharmacy, our NHS Blood Pressure Check Service allows you to take control of your health and allow early detection of hypertension. Visit our Services page to book a free consultation. You can also simply walk into our pharmacy too.
Who Is Eligible?
The inclusion criteria for opportunistic blood pressure checks are as follows:
- Adults who are 40 years old or over, who do not have a current diagnosis of hypertension
- Patients, by exception, under the age of 40 who request the service because they have a recognised family history of hypertension may be provided the service at the pharmacist’s discretion
- Patients between 35 and 39 years old who are approached about or request the service may be tested at the pharmacist’s discretion
- Adults, with or without a prior diagnosis of hypertension, specified by a general practice for the measurement of blood pressure (clinic and ambulatory blood pressure checks).
The exclusion criteria for our Hypertension Screening Service in are:
- People who cannot give consent to participate.
- People under the age of 40 years old, unless at the discretion of the pharmacist or unless they have been specified by a general practice for the measurement of blood pressure.
- People who have their blood pressure regularly monitored by a healthcare professional
Book Your Free Blood Pressure Check